Friday, October 28, 2011

Food Day Cooking

As Kelli mentioned here this past Monday was Food Day! So of course I spent my whole day in the kitchen!
I made both soup and quiche for the first time. Very exciting! I used this recipe for the quiche because I'm not a huge crust person. It was delish! I need to improve my crust-shaping skills but other than that it was eggy and cheesy goodness..with some veggies of course ;)


And as far as the soup goes..I didn't really use a recipe. Oops. I had some kale left over so I put that into a pot with some veggie broth, let it simmer for a bit and then added roasted butternut squash, white beans, broccoli and carrots - yum!

2 comments:

  1. I love making soups without a specific recipe and just throwing veggies in there! Those always come out the tastiest :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Paulina I know! I love not following recipes and having it actually turn out awesome haha Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete