Saturday, September 24, 2011

Watching and Reading

With my crazy busy schedule (2 jobs, and classes and trying to find time to sleep) it's hard to find down time. But not matter what, I always find time to read. Even if it's for ten minutes before bed. And although I've never been a big TV watcher..there are so many good shows out! Let me update you on what I've been watching and reading.

So over the summer I read the Harry Potter series..I know..I'm really late. These books were absolutely incredible!

It was so hard for me to move on (I'm actually considering reading them again right now) but when my mom finished "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins and suggested I try it..I gave it a shot. It was awesome!
I'm so glad there were two more to follow because I couldn't get enough of Katniss, Peeta, and all the other dynamic characters. The next two in the series are "Catching Fire" and "Mockingjay". Almost done with "Mockingjay" and I can't decide which one is my favorite! I highly recommend all three of the books.

After hearing about Games of Thrones from about..every person that I know I decided I would give it a shot (the show..more on the books later) I've never really been into the midevil genre but how bad could it be? I was totally hooked after one show. That show has so many kick-ass characters, crazy sub-plots, and horses how could you not like it? After finishing the whole first season I'm anxiously awaiting to see what's in store for season 2. And yes..I did start reading the book.
Even though life gets pretty hectic, it's nice to unwind with a good book or some crazy TV action. Have you read any books lately? Or are you excited for any fall season premiere?
- Alli

0 comments:

Post a Comment