Friday, December 16, 2011

Blueberry Chocolate Almond Smoothie


Having a whole week to study for two finals hasn’t turned out to be as great as I’d anticipated. Instead of getting in extra study time, I’ve been up late at my friends’ apartment, sleeping in until 10 or 12, then bumming around all day. Fingers crossed my motivation kicks in this weekend!

Productivity for today:
Sign apartment rental lease for next year – check
Eat awesome red pepper, pesto, provolone Panini – check
Attempt to study only to go to the gym instead – check 


Now that I’ve gotten my workout in for the day I’m hoping I’ll finally be able to study for my business management final. To help recover from my workout and get fueled for studying I made this really delicious smoothie! I didn’t measure anything, just threw in probably about 1 ½ cup frozen berries, 1 cup original Almond milk (Silk is my favorite brand), and a couple squirts of chocolate syrup. Ideally, after a workout you want to aim for a 4:1 carb to protein ratio. Lots of people like chocolate milk, but I wanted something thicker – enter in my Blueberry Chocolate Almond Smoothie

I got my second Blissmo Box! This month’s theme is Winter Wellness.

In the box:
SmartyPants Gummy Vitamins for Grown-Ups: My roommate and I are like little kids with these they’re so good! Not only do 5 of these chewy dots contain 100% of your recommended vit D, but they also contain B12 and omega-3’s. Even better? No high fructose corn syrup.

Maty’s All Natural Vapor Rub: Haven’t tried it out yet. Vapor rub always freaked me out but I’lll have to give it a shot the next time I’m not feeling too great.

CleanWell Antibacterial Hand + Face Wipes: Totally did not read the packaging. I thought these were cleaning wipes, so I used them to clean our stove. Haven’t tried them out for their true purpose, but they did make the stove quite shiny.

Numi Organic Tea Holiday Herbal Chai: Delicious! Chai always makes me nervous. It’s hard to get that perfect balance of spice and sweet, but this brand has nailed it. I’ve been putting a little almond milk in mine. It’s a nice change from coffee (I’m up to 5 cups of coffee a day…..)

Song keeping me sane: 
 "How Come You Never Go There" -- Feist (Beck Remix)

--Kelli

0 comments:

Post a Comment